NINA'S MEMOIRS.

Wednesday 21 August 2013

LETTER TO MY BESTFRIEND

Dear Best Friend,

Hullo dearest, that is how I almost always began all our conversations. It has been a long four months, so much has happened, I wish I could talk to you about it. It is all my fault, I have to admit that to you, and to the world. How did we get here? How did I let us get to this point? I just hope we are not beyond repair.
Where do I begin? I miss you so much, you have always been such a big part of my life. I cannot even remember how we met, it is such a distant memory, what I can remember though, is that you were always there, and those were such beautiful memories. We introduced each other as Bff, because we promised each other friendship for the rest of our lives.
Again, where do I begin? I made so many promises, promises I did not keep, but I still have intentions to fulfill them some day. You were the only person who knew me, maybe not fully, but you were the only one who understood  me. It has been a long walk, without my closest confidant, my Best Friend, one of my pillars. I'll start with the good news; I got a job, a job I like, and I'm sure you would be super proud of me. I had a makeover, you should see me now, you would fall over in shock. I let go of a lot of baggage, I have grown emotionally, and spiritually, I wish you were here to grow with me, but I'm sure you've grown too.
And then to the not so great news, I met someone, I really thought I had gotten lucky this time round, I was falling for him fast, more like crashing. He was the perfect gentleman... and then I crash-landed, and there was no one to hold me, to lift me up, and it almost broke me, almost, but I convinced myself I was stronger than that... but things would have been much easier if you were there/here. I am still struggling to get over him, I know I will, that is the surest thing about heartbreaks.
How have you been? You were supposed to tell me something huge, I am still wondering what that was. You were supposed to make a major decision, I hope that whatever decision you made turned out to be the right one. I hope you are happy. People still ask me about you, and I keep telling them you are fine, damn I hope that's true.
Dear Best Friend, I miss you, I need you, I need to share my highs and my lows, with someone who never judged me, who probably never will. Someone who loved me, despite the distance, the differences, the challenges, with someone I loved too, unconditionally.
Dear Best Friend, forgive me for pushing you away, I hope that you experience all the beauty in life, no one deserves it more than you do. 

With love,
Your Best Friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment